Friday, January 12, 2007
America's Celebrity Ranks Gain Two Brits
So, it seems David Beckham, European Soccer God (or something), has inked a deal to leave Europe and come play Futbol (read Soccer) here in the states.

I'll be honest. I don't give a flying beetle's wing about this. I've never seen Beckham play. I've never even seen a professional soccer game, even on television. I didn't even know there was a team called The L.A. Galaxy. Who do they play, the Denver Satellites and the Orlando Rings?

I'm at a complete loss. All I know about David Beckham is that he is married to a Spice Girl (arguably the prettiest of the lot) and she's a gal pal to Katie Holmes Cruise. That's it. That is the extent of my knowledge.

Paparazzi in Hollyweird are likely thrilled over the news. Now they have two new victims and these pictures will have market power in the US and in Europe. Bonanza.

In the meantime, I'm yawning. Soccer is a sport suburban kids play here in the US. It doesn't have the cache of other US sports. Good luck, Beckham. Do us all a favor and try not to add to the ranks of assholes in Hollywood.
posted by Phoenix | 9:39 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s