Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Night Two: More Results - Incroyable!
Night Two of the Grand Parental Experiment is now behind us. I have to tell you, I am ill at ease. The whole thing is going off far too successfully! I am bewildered!

Last night, at the appointed time, I took Bunny upstairs to go to bed. (The preceding events of supper, bath, story, quiet family time were all dutifully observed.) She sat down in her crib, I pulled up her blanket, kissed her fuzzy head and told her it was bedtime, gave her her bear, turned on her cd player, and left the room.

Not a peep. Not a cry, not a whine, not even a soft mew was heard from her room. I, to be honest, was incredibly worried. Something must be wrong...Ten minutes later, I couldn't help myself. I had to go check on her. She was asleep! Can you believe that?

She woke up at 2 am, per the normal. I let her whine and cry for a bit, then I got up and turned her cd player back on. I told her it was sleepy time and left the room. She went back to sleep.

She woke again at 4 am, so I turned her cd player back on and returned to bed. I had to wake her up at 6 am.

So, I am making great leaps forward on the bedtime issue and there is little fight when she wakes up in the middle of the night. All in all, great progress I think.

Of course, I'm worried that this is all a bit too easy...

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 8:43 AM


>2 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

my choir director often says that you know you've got it right when it gets easier.

Congratulations to you and Bunny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s