Monday, March 12, 2007
How to Spend Money Quickly
Prince Charming and I loaded up Bunny Boop and drove to the mall on Saturday. He was still all swollen from his oral surgery (and still is now). We had a few errands to run and then wanted to check out Sears. We've been thinking about getting a new washer and dryer, maybe a lawn mower, and a new computer for me.

We also need to finish furnishing our living room and master bedroom. We didn't buy the end tables and entertainment center when we bought the couches because I couldn't find anything I really liked. You see, I have two big antique trunks that we place back-to-back to make a coffee table. The couches, chair, and ottoman are a brown leather Natuzzi - very comfortable. I have an antique piano stool that I'm using as a coffee table by the chair, and we do have a sofa table that I love, but we still need that entertainment center and at least one more end table. I really love the piano stool - the rich worn patina of the seat makes a lovely table top, but matching it might be tricky. Not that it needs to match, necessarily. Anything with the right feel would work. But we've got this antique eclectic thing going, so not just any entertainment center will do. It is problematic.

Upstairs, in the master bedroom, we have a Queen Anne Cherry four poster bed. Currently, my hope chest sits under the big window and we have two dressers. But we really need to get a chaise and a comfy wing chair, a nice table, and an armoire. The problem is that I can't seem to find an armoire that I think will go with the bed. For some reason, they just don't feel right with the Queen Anne style (which is a Queen Anne but a Caribbean Queen Anne - tobacco and pineapple leaves abound).

So, that is an on-going process.

This weekend, then, we bought a new high efficiency washer and dryer...AND a new riding lawn mower.

Really bad sign: the sales people seemed genuinely upset that the manager was on the phone, else he would have come to thank us personally for our business. Very. Bad. Sign.

But hurray! for the new washer and dryer, huh?
posted by Phoenix | 10:13 AM


>1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New washer and dryer: YAY!!!

; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s