Thursday, May 17, 2007
Situation Normal: All Fucked Up
I no longer expect to go on our family vacation tomorrow.

There is still the possibility of a last-three-seconds Hail Mary Pass into the endzone, but it is time to be pragmatic and realistic. The liklihood of us going to Bermuda Saturday is rapidly closing to nil.

I'm pissed. I'm angry. I'm so close to tears that at any given moment the waterworks could start.

I was proactive. I had a cushion built into my timeline. I've been aggressive in my chasing of facts and alternatives. I've been patient with every single person I've spoken with. I've been calm and never raised my voice. Despite this calm and coolheaded-ness on my part, the New Orleans Passport center has proved to be absolutely and profoundly unable to perform the job that justifies its existence. The whole system, to be honest, is systemically screwed. From the computers that perpetually go down to the automated phone system that works only sporadically, to the dumbasses who can't seem to meet deadlines, FUBAR.

(SNAFU and FUBAR all in the same post. That's gotta be a record of some sort.)

Every single deadline I am given I meet or do better than. I file our tax return in February, not at midnight on April 15.

I am not in charity with the New Orleans Regional Passport Center or the greater Federal government right now.

They have two more chances. If they fail to perform, I will not be held accountable for the stream of invective that spews forth.
posted by Phoenix | 10:43 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s