Thursday, August 16, 2007
Busy Bee
Not a lot of posting around here lately, you probably noticed. What can I say? Life interferes with my blogging habit.

Bunny has been sick and Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights featured a lot of not sleeping. On Tuesday, in fact, I was working on 4 hours of sleep - me, an 8-hour minimum girl. I was worthless.

Yesterday I was busy with work stuff and I am still counting down the days until that cake is due. I have to complete it on Saturday and there is much work yet to be done.

Last night, for example, I made fondant pearls for quite a long time. I still don't know if I have enough, but I have a strong start in any case. This, if you are curious, involves handrolling logs of fondant, prepping the mold with the pearl dust, squeezing the pears out of the log, trimming off the excess, and managing to extricate the pearls from the mold without mashing them. I intend to put these pearls all around the base of the cake and perhaps here and there on the sides of the cake with extra flowers, but also in a lazy strand between the two masks on the top of the cake. It is a lot of work!

Tonight I am baking the equivalent of 4 cakes and taking the pre-baked pieces out of the freezer to defrost as well as mixing the buttercream. Then, on Friday night I will crumb coat the cake with the buttercream frosting and finally, on Saturday, I will cover the cake in fondant and finish decorating. See what I mean by work?

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 8:54 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s