Friday, August 10, 2007
Project Update 1
So, I've promised regular updates and tonight you three separate posts full of pictures.

I've been pretty busy, I admit. But, there are those of you who are watching the progress of this virgin project closely, so I wanted to keep you informed on how the skills are developing.

Earlier this week I made these sugarpaste leaves (cut outs) and then I painted the veins on last night.

A close-up shot is below. you can see, perhaps that there is slight marbling in the darker leaves and that the veins are painted on with a glittered paint for "pop". It was my intention to use these on the small mask and make the mask look like a tree - whimsical, romantic, and reminiscent of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Then, after painting the veins on last night, I made a batch of Royal Icing and tinted it in 6 separate colors: pink, red, blue, purple, yellow, and green. This evening, I tried my hand at some Royal Icing drop flowers. (My neighbor/professional baker friend will be so proud! L - I so totally rock! These aren't like my wimpy roses at all!!!) I squeezed out about a bajillion of these things. Pictures to follow in the other posts. Now, all of these flowers still need to have their centers added, but in order to do that I need to make another batch of Royal Icing. (I decided to use the yellow for flowers and also want some white and orange centers for a more woodsy random look.) Below is a big shot of the violet and pink flowers. To get an idea of scale - none of these are as big as a dime in diameter.


posted by Phoenix | 8:47 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home


Popular Posts:





fighting 101s