Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Tuesday Ramble
It is Tuesday again, so I must be exhausted. Yesterday was something of a marathon for me. I was up before the sun, showering at 5 am, and out the door, baby in tow, by 6:45. From there, I manuevered my way through the traffic and arrived at work. I put in my time and then some, not departing the office until 5:45 pm. I drove straight to campus, parked, and carried all of my sundry crap inside the house (including 3 dozen fresh-baked oatmeal cookies). I then went on a scavenger hunt, attempting to locate something that had gone missing. Did I mention that I've not had so much as a tour of the house? It was a lot like being in the wild, unsure just what was going to pop out at me and snarl. Anyway, I located some of the missing items and then discovered that the rest of them had finally arrived in the mail that afternoon. I attended the meeting and put out two minor figurative fires. I finally arrived home for the day at 9 pm. After thumbing through the mail, I went to bed. No passing go, no supper, no gnashing of teeth.

I was out, as they say, like a light. Until my alarm clock rang at 4 am, that is. It is so hard to get out of bed at that hour, but I am trying to stay motivated, so I did it anyway. I made my way downstairs to the treadmill, put in my time, and then hit the showers. I'll do it all again tomorrow too.

Bunny Boop's Halloween costume is in production. All of the pieces are cut out and the iron-on facing has been applied. The majority of the costume is together, but all of the detail work remains. We'll see how it goes. If it isn't too humiliating I will post pictures of my finished product. I am mildly concerned that it will be too big. I know that it is going to be too long, but I figure a healthy hem will allow me to reuse the costume next year. Still, the bodice may swim on her. I suppose I can put a t-shirt on underneath, but I still worry that this will not be enough. Ah, well, there's always the safety pins...

The funeral was ok. I spent most of my time occupying the child, so I missed practically all of it as she was decidedly not happy sitting still and being quiet. Not surprisingly, she fell asleep in the 5 minutes between the grave side service and the meal afterwards and woke just as we were leaving the meal.

The one highlight of the weekend was getting to watch the nephew play football. He has the potential to be amazing, but we'll see. Sitting there in the stands watching the game, cheering, took me back to my own high school days. Bizarre. It seems like it was both just yesterday and also a lifetime ago. I can't explain the dichotomy of that statement, but it is true nonetheless.

We came home on Saturday and I did laundry and the grocery shopping. Not much to report there.

Work has been busy-ish. Lots going on here below the surface and I'm not sure just what is going to happen. Mylanta-necessitating stuff.

I need a nap.
posted by Phoenix | 9:45 AM


At 5:55 PM, Blogger Richmond said...

I am ready for a nap as well... :)


Post a Comment

<< Home


Popular Posts:





fighting 101s