Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Where to begin?!?
I suppose with greetings...

Merry Belated Christmas, Everybody!

I've been exceptionally busy lately between work and my regular life. So much so, in fact, that I have had next to no time to post. I apologize, but they don't pay me to do this, so I haveta do what pays the bills first.

As, I suspect, so do you.

Anyhoo, the excitement of Christmas is over and all that remains are the reflections and the clean-up. Let's get on with the reflections, shall we?

First up: Bunny Boop. She was stunned - or shell-shocked might be more accurate. She walked around in a daze as though it was just all too much. She loved her wagon and her sled and her snow shovel. She loved the little dolly stroller she got from Grandma. She's a kid, so the clothes didn't make much of an impression. In fact, even the jumpy thing wasn't much of a hit. But, after she had her nap and had more time to reflect, she was like a kid in a candy store. She played hard and had a blast. She loves her big legos and even the jumpy thing. But it was the first time I've ever seen her overwhelmed. It was kind of funny, to be honest.

Prince Charming was not surprised by any of his gifts, by design. It was not a year where we spent a lot on ourselves. Still, he was pleased and happy.

Everyone else, including me, seemed well pleased with their gifts, so it was all good.

Now, on to the food!

For Christmas Eve, I made my lasagna, a salad, and garlic bread. It wasn't fancy, but it was pretty good.

On Christmas morning, we had my cheese danish which was so popular that it will now be tradition. If I find a spare few minutes in the next few weeks I will post the recipe.

For Christmas Dinner we had a glazed spiral cut ham which was out of this world. We also had the family sweet potatoes, corn, homemade dinner rolls, and twice-baked potatoes. The potatoes were amazing! I baked them off on Monday (after making the rolls), then split them and took the guts out. To this I added butter, sour cream, green onions, cheddar cheese, bacon, and a packet of dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix. I stuffed the shells and baked them again, putting them on broil at the end to make the tops crunchy. They were amazing!

For dessert, I made the pumpkin cheesecake that was featured in Cuisine at Home. It is absolutely delicious and is a recipe I don't intend to lose.

I've already started taking down the decorations since we have a SpongeBob-themed birthday party to host on Saturday.

No rest for the wicked, I guess.
posted by Phoenix | 10:30 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s