Thursday, December 13, 2007
Outclassed
I received a real treat in the mail yesterday. My good friend (who is an amazing cook) hooked me up with a box of Christmas cookies of my very own.

I can't even describe how it made me feel. I got all warm and fuzzy and excited, like a kid is supposed to feel at Christmas. The box was absolutely lovely, all wrapped up in a red satin bow. It was luxurious from the outside, but from the inside - pure heaven. Christina wrapped all of the cookie varieties individually in beautiful cellophane bags that had a cute print on them and they each had tags to identify what the cookie's were named. It was charming and beautiful and a real treat.

But, it gets better! The eats were amazing! We haven't yet sampled everything, but the half we have were out of this world. The sand tarts were light and almost disappeared in the mouth. The little cakes were like pillows of heaven on the tongue, reminding me oddly and for reasons I can't fully understand of my childhood. The chocolate toffee cookies were rich and dark and satisfied the chocolate craving.

There is, however, a shameful side to this story.

You are all aware that I am something of a cookie connoiseur. Indeed, I spend two weeks each year baking my own kitchen full of goodies to go out in my own Christmas tins. Some even call me the Cookie Queen. But, I am ashamed to admit that I've been outclassed.

Even my husband was quick to point out that Christina had me beat on presentation. And frankly, she does. It was beautiful! Prince Charming, knowing he had just strayed into the crosshairs, was quick to retreat to the safety of assuring me that my cookies are better, but that was just a piece of self-preservation. I know how good they were and you can be sure that they were everybit as good as my own.

I may have to abdicate my throne or take a lesser title. But somehow, Cookie Duchess just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 11:55 AM


>1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Feisty said...

No way.

You are the Cookie Queen and always will be.

As I told you earlier today, you and the box of cookies you sent last year were my inspiration for this year!

; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s