Monday, January 07, 2008
Cashmere Mafia
I don't know if you caught it on tv last night, but they premiered Cashmere Mafia on ABC last night after Desperate Housewives. I was not inclined to like it, having pretty much decided it wouldn't be worth my time.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. I really like Lucy Liu, always have ever since Ally McBeal. She's just fun. She didn't disappoint in this role either.

Bonnie Somerville, formerly of NYPD Blue, among other things, was also a delight to watch. Frances O'Connor (Bedazzled) and Miranda Otto (Starter Wife) round out the cast of principals. I was delighted with them all. They manage to project an image of professional, serious, successful women without falling back on any stereotypes. These characters don't feel ridiculous to me, at least not in the way that the ladies of Sex in the City did. There is humor, but it is more of the laugh-at-your-own-life type of thing than the more obvious easy crap. I hope they can sustain it. I'll be tuning in on Wednesday to see if they can.
posted by Phoenix | 12:12 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s