Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Send one of those St. Bernard's with Whiskey in the Little Barrel
Snowbound, or at least as close to it as I've ever been - that's what we are.
(This is the view from our house up the street)
There's no more "winter wonderland", no more sign of "global warming", no sign of a UN Peacekeeping Force. (I hear they wait to come in until service is restored to 4-Star Resorts, so this probably explains that.)


It started snowing yesterday...and hasn't really stopped since. In all fairness to the storm, we had only gotten about 3 inches as of this morning at 6 a.m...so, workaholic that I am, I went to work. The roads weren't even terrible. (Below is view of our front door)
Of course, the forecast was for a whole lot more of the wet heavy stuff, along with serious wind. So, it took me an hour and 45 minutes to make the trip home that usually takes 25 minutes. I'd like to say that it was nice, but I was white-knuckling it the whole way. Very stressful, but I made it. Of course, I took a really circuitous route due to the issues with tractor-trailers on the interstate on-ramps. I only had to stop 8 times to clear off the windshield too...

So, my friends in Pasadena and San Antonio, enjoy your weather. This part of the country is mired in a snowy hell.


A snowy, monochromatic hell. (Above picture is of our mailbox with pile of snow taller than, for reference). It's still coming down, too.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 5:09 PM


>1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Caltechgirl said...

would you rather I send whisky or a plane ticket for sunnier climes?

Seriously, I envy y'all. I love the snow. Especially when it's so think no one expects you to leave the house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s