Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Confession Time
Two very bizarre events, totally unrelated except in one small way, have inspired this confession.

On Saturday afternoon, I was in the spa getting my fantasy golf league funded pedicure. For once, all the pedicure thrones were in use. The conversation between the ladies eventually wandered to classic television. Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy...we were dating ourselves. The conversation turned to our celebrity crushes (those that sell Teen Beat subscriptions in the millions).
One lady confessed a passion for Erik Estrada of CHIP's fame. She particularly made mention of his super white and straight teeth, even back in those days, and the way he straddled his motorcycle.
We all confessed appreciation for the Duke boys. What wasn't to like about the Dukes? Those jeans were painted on, they were the original bad boys, right? In trouble with the law, driving an awesome car, and largely misunderstood but good at heart. Some girls dig Bo, others liked Luke. Me? I was all about Bo, particularly after that episode where Luke was all mean and stuff.
And I confessed my girlish dream of becoming Mrs. Ricky Schroder. I don't think I ever missed an episode of Silver Spoons. I signed my name Mrs. Ricky Schroder too many times to count. I had the official fan club photos...I was totally in crush.


Anyway, yesterday, I am scanning the headlines and I see a link to this article in which Ricky Schroder is discussing his coming appearance in the remade movie, The Andromeda Strain. He was really good on NYPD Blue and I know and like that video for Whiskey Lullabye, but I had no idea he joined the cast of 24. I may have to start watching that!

Ricky is all over the place right now, I guess.

So, I'm not really confessing that as a young girl I thought Ricky was the best. Oh, no. I'm confessing something that I realized a few years back about my high school boyfriend. He's a dead ringer for the Rickster! I guess I never really got over Ricky. So much so, that I dated his doppelganger (that word really fits).

And the thing is, Ricky still looks mighty fine. I'm still crushin' on Mark Harmon, but Ricky runs a real close second (and is closer to my age...). Still, it is more that a bit unsettling to realize that I liked Ricky so much that I was drawn to a look-alike. It explains a lot, actually. Look at those eyes. He's a good lookin' man.
Okay, so I'm not going to post a picture of the high school boyfriend. You'll just have to take my word for the resemblance. SpySistah would agree with me, however. Maybe she'll leave a comment to that effect.
posted by Phoenix | 9:36 AM


>1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never realized it until now, but you're right! Your HS Boy (who I officially never liked) DOES look like Ricky's brother! Give 'em the same haircut, and you've got a twin!

--Spysistah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s