Thursday, December 16, 2004
I'm a sucker for these...
This is all Kathy and the Lamabutchers' faults. Another meme:

Three names you go by:

Dalbo
Dalbowalker
Honey

Three screennames you have: Kansas Girl, Phoenix, Dalbo

Three things you like about yourself: My passion, my vocabulary, my nails

Three things you hate/dislike about yourself:Naturally curly hair that makes me look like I’m 15 and is ever so prone to humidity, that I’m sooooo opinionated, and my thighs

Three parts of your heritage:Gypsy German from the Black Forest, German, and that my paternal ancestors moved to the new world prior to the Revolution wherein one of my ancestors worked side-by-side with Paul Revere.

Three things that scare you:Terrorism, Rabid Moonbats who can’t make a logical argument, Paris Hilton

Three of your everyday essentials: Coca-Cola, Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, Mousse

Three things you are wearing right now: Diamonds baby!, Amarage by Givenchy, and OPI Red nail polish

Three of your favorite bands/artists (at the moment):Gretchen Wilson, Big & Rich, Aerosmith

Three of your favorite songs at present: Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree, The King of Christmas, and The Bumper of my SUV by Chely Wright (lyrics below)

I've got a bright red sticker on the back of my car,
Says: "United States Marines."
An' yesterday a lady in a mini-van,
Held up her middle finger at me.
Does she think she knows what I stand for,
Or the things that I believe?
Just by looking at a sticker for the US Marines,
On the bumper of my S.U.V.

See, my brother Chris, he's been in,
For more than 14 years now.
Our Dad was in the Navy during Vietnam,
Did his duty, then he got out.
And my Grandpa earned his Purple Heart,
On the beach of Normandy.
That's why I've got a sticker for the US Marines,
On the bumper of my S.U.V.

But that doesn't mean that I want war:
I'm not Republican or Democrat.
But I've gone all around this crazy world,
Just to try to better understand.
An' yes, I do have questions:
I get to ask them because I'm free.
That's why I've got a sticker for the US Marines,
On the bumper of my S.U.V.

'Cause I've been to Hiroshima,
An' I've been to the DMZ.
I've walked on the sand in Baghdad,
Still don't have all of the answers I need.
But I guess I wanna know where she's been,
Before she judges and gestures to me,
'Cause she don't like my sticker for the US Marines,
On the bumper of my S.U.V.

So I hope that lady in her mini-van,
Turns on her radio and hears this from me.
As she picks up her kids,
From their private school,
An' drives home safely on our city streets.
Or to the building where her church group meets:
Yeah, that's why I've got a sticker for the US Marines,
On the bumper of my S.U.V.

Three new things you want to try in the next 12 months: Parenthood, Sanity, Being Filthy Rich and Fabulous

Three things you want in a relationship (love is a given): Honesty, Faithfulness, Humor

Two truths and a lie: I love my job. I’m a product of multiple broken homes. I’ve personally organized a strike.

Three physical things about the opposite sex (or same) that appeal to you: Tushie in faded jeans, smell of man working, the way their hair looks best mussed.

Three things you just can't do: Bat, Resist chocolate, tolerate snakes

Three of your favorite hobbies: Reading, Entertaining, Cooking

Three things you want to do really badly right now: Go back to bed, See my sister, win the lottery

Three careers you're considering: Pop Tart, Socialite, International Spy and Professional Playboy (er...Playgirl?)

Three places you want to go on vacation: Bermuda, London, Cabo

Three kids names: Battle Honor London

Three things you want to do before you die:
Write my Autobiography, Achieve my dream of becoming High Empress of the World, have an action figure made in my image (bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha) so that my evil minions have an icon to worship.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 8:35 AM


>1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know 'bumper' got outed for being deceptively ran up the charts?http://www.tennessean.com/local/archives/04/12/63065885.shtml?Element_ID=63065885

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s