Tuesday, January 04, 2005
I'm Back...with a rant
Hello my lovelies. Didja miss me? I've actually been back a couple of days but it took me a while to dig out. Anyhoo, more on my travels later. I have to get something off of my chest.

The tsunami. Dude, that's gotta suck. I don't mean to make light of it. It was a horrible thing and many people lost their lives. Mother Nature is a b$*ch. The loss of so many lives is a tragic thing and we could wish it were otherwise. However...

Something about it has me really p-o ed. That is, in the "coverage" of the "relief" and the "aid" I happened to see some man opine on Fox News, (imagine a heavy accent) "Where are the Americans?" Then I hear about how the UN is angry that the US wants to direct its own activities, that we haven't given "enough aid," that La Belle France has only donated some small pittance, and of course, this incredibly stupid question, "Gulf Arabs wonder if they are being stingy with aid."

Argh. Where to begin? We didn't react quickly enough? Dude, when you are opening your purse to look for $350 million, sometimes it takes a while to count. Nevermind the fact that we are currently fighting a multi-fronted war to free the world from the scourge that is Terrorism. Nevermind the fact that, having been bad-mouthed all around the world and generally treated like the red-headed step-child of the world, perhaps we wanted to make certain of our approach? Suppose we had jumped head-long into the fray...wouldn't the world have called us presumptuous busybodies intent on controlling the entire world? I certainly think so. And let's get back to that ignorant SOB who opined "Where are the Americans?"

You are an ass. I realize that your home, country, and family have all been ripped asunder, so I'll give you a small break. But, don't you think it wiser to ask what your own country is doing? How about your neighbors? I realize that it impacted more than just Sumatra, so extrapolate out to other neighbors in waves. You are beseeching the USA as though you have a RIGHT to our assistance. Hoo-Boy is that rich. Sure, badmouth us for being the world's policeman, badmouth us for our evil way of life, for being soft and sinful, then badmouth us because we didn't impose our will on your problem. Unless you are an American taxpayer, you have absolutely NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to American Aid. If we choose to help you out, fine. But don't be so presumptuous as to imply it is your right. We give it graciously and likely expect no return. Don't be an ass!

Each country should be able to give what it feels able to give. If France can give a pittance on not be called on the carpet for it, the US shouldn't be badmouthed by UN bureau-rats (miss-spelled on purpose) for not giving more. The UN won't be happy until the US is a colony of France...wake up boys...that ain't gonna happen.

Who the F*** thinks it a good idea to put the UN in charge of $2 billion worth of aid? Shit, they can't seem to manage the petty cash, let alone a world-wide relief effort focused on a specific region. How many Iraqi children died of starvation on the UN's watch again? Dude...If I'm ever in need of assistance, PLEASE, don't send in the UN for criminey's sake. I'd rather be raped by the villain I know than stabbed in the back and then raped in perpetuity by the UN!

Which brings me to my next point. Yeah, yeah, the USA is a wonderful place. We have our problems, but yes, we are among the wealthiest nations in the world. We are good people of good heart and good intention. But when the F*&$ have any of the other nations of the world come to our aid? Let's keep our discussion to natural disasters for the moment.

(crickets chirping)

(frogs ribbeting)

Yeah, unless I missed it, natural disasters in the USA fall on the USA exclusively. Or did I miss a bunch of "help" from La Belle France when hurricane after hurricane after hurricane were turning Florida into oatmeal?

So why, when anything happens somewhere else is THAT also our problem?

For heaven's sake. That guy invoked the USA in the same way that other people say, "Dear God, Why ME?"

The USA is not your savior. Allah forbids it. Seriously! If you click on the link above to the NY Times article, you will see that Muslims are being directed by their imams not to send aid. The tsunami was the will of God and a punishment for the depravity practiced in those areas.

Who are these sick bastards?

To the victims of this horrific catastrophe I say my prayers are with you, I'm sorry this horrible thing happened, and that while it may take decades for your to rebuild your lives and countries, I suggest you do the bulk of the work yourself. Do not expect to be helped, but be grateful for all of the assistance the world gives. Why? I don't mean to be flippant, harsh, or cold, I'm just saying when the media and the news cycle shifts, you may find your well has dried up.

And to the jackass wearing the Osama bin Laden t-shirt: Soddy Chawlie.
posted by Phoenix | 1:19 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s