Tuesday, March 01, 2005
Product good, Packaging bad
I have recently discovered this new product by Oil of Olay. It is a skin lotion, a moisturizer, that you put on in the shower and then rinse off. I'm sure you have seen the commercials.

I think that the concept is a winner. I hate getting lotion on stuff and having greasy hands when I will next be applying makeup and doing my hair. It is icky. No matter how well you wash your hands, a greasy layer remains.

This Oil of Olay product, Moisturinse In Shower Body Lotion, is applied in the shower, so cleanup is a breeze! It leaves behind a moist residue, a layer of moisturized skin rather than some greasy impermeable layer. It rinses right off my hands. It smells nice, is easy to apply, and is much faster than those other moisturizers. So, in many ways this stuff is fabulous.

However, the people at Olay have totally screwed up the packaging! This lotion is thick. It doesn't flow very well at all. You have to squeeze it out of the bottle, and the design of the bottle is such that it is a workout trying to squeeze any lotion out after the first third of the bottle has been used. That's right. Getting the second two-thirds of the contents out of this highly stylized bottle is a hand-cramping fiasco. The bottle is attractive, but obviously hasn't been tested.

Let me assure you that it works only 1/3 of the time, at that would be the first third of the bottle (when you are getting hooked on having silky skin).

I hate it when they can't get things like this right!
posted by Phoenix | 3:08 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s