Friday, April 29, 2005
Baffling Bumpers
This afternoon, as I was driving home from work, I spied a...well, let's just say a bumper sticker that I didn't understand.

I'm not generally an idiot, though I have my moments. But this one didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I understood the words, but not the message. It said:


TRUST YOUR EDUCATION
What is that?

Is it some sort of commentary against Republican/Conservative agendas (the presupposition being that your education was right, and most teachers pushing Liberal/Democratic agendas in the classroom)? Is it some sort of commentary on the war? Is it some sort of suggestion that you not think for yourself, but let others do it for you?

Come to that, which education should I trust? Should I put my trust in the lefty teachers of the Chicago suburbs who taught that Vietnam was evil, War is bad, etc.? Or should I trust my college education, which if anything, was only more liberal (except for the Entomolgy, Plant Pathology, and Soils courses - not a lot of ideology there)? Should I trust the things my parents taught me?

Or, should I perhaps weigh all the evidence and trust myself to make the best decision?

Dude, I don't get your bumper sticker.

"Visualize Whirled Peas" makes more sense and is more clever.
posted by Phoenix | 6:53 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s