Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Another musical interlude
Two for you today.

Juice Newton "Angel of the Morning":

Just call me angel
Touch my cheek before you leave me baby.
Just call me angel of the morning morning
Just touch my cheek before you leave me baby


Helen Reddy "Delta Dawn":

She's forty-one and her daddy still calls 'er "baby"
All the folks 'round Brownsville say she's crazy
'cause she walks downtown with her suitcase in her hand
Lookin' for a mysterious dark-haired man

In her younger days they called her Delta Dawn
Prettiest woman you ever laid eyes on
Then a man of low degree stood by her side
Promised her he'd take her for his bride

Delta Dawn, what's that flower you have on?
Could it be a faded rose from days gone by?
And did I hear you say he was a-meetin' you here today
To take you to his mansion in the sky-eye?
posted by Phoenix | 3:48 PM


>2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Feisty said...

"Angel of the Morning" was playing when I was in a car on my way to Lafayette, Louisiana for a Junior Beta Club convention. I remember it well because the song was interrupted with news President Reagan had been shot.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

I too was in Beta Club. I was President. We had some fun...or as much fun as you can have chaperoned by Mr. Widener.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s