Monday, April 18, 2005
Monday Ramble
Urg. I hates Mondays. Mondays suckses. Market go wheeeeee. All the way down.

Let's see, what news to report?

The conclave has begun. The first smoke to come out of the chimney was black, so in groundhog-esque fashion, there will be at least one more day of voting.

Lance Armstrong is taking his bike and going home after this year's Tour de France. He wants to spend more time with his kids.

Today is the anniversary of Paul Revere's famed ride. (h/t: Michelle Malkin). Here's an interesting little piece on that. Interestingly enough, my sister and I are eligible for membership in the DAR because of an ancestor back in my grandmother's family who worked either with or for Paul Revere. I forget. Anyway. I thought it was cool. And, it was one lantern, for those who get confused.

Ms. Ann Coulter of the pen that is so sharp as to frequently feel like a razor blade is featured on the cover of Time. The photo, though, makes her legs look freakishly long. The MSM message is: All Conservatives are Freaks. I don't care what she looks like, she writes a mean essay.

In a bit of news that I find humorous (though some may not) and will certainly appeal to the blog mama's love for stories about Germans...comes the revelation that depression has risen 70% among Berliners. The article blames the malaise on the German economy's ills, but I suspect that the number of those depressed in Deutchland would be far fewer if...say...the war in Iraq weren't going so well for us. Simply put, I believe that if more Americans were dying in splashy and terrorist-claimed acts of homicide, that the Germans would all be dancing in the hofbraus, doing pfennig checks and making the chump without one by the next round. I know, I know, it is an uncharitable opinion, but sue me. This is my blog.
posted by Phoenix | 2:41 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s