Friday, June 17, 2005
In Defense of Love
I know that there are many out there in the big wide world who will find this news appalling:
PARIS - Actor Tom Cruise said he and girlfriend Katie Holmes are engaged, after
he popped the question early Friday morning atop the Eiffel Tower.

But I'm not one of those "Free Katie" people. I believe in love. And when I look at the pictures of the two of them together, I am often struck by how happy they seem. I find it quite convincing - because Tom's not that good an actor. And let's face it, she's over the moon! Of course she's head over heels. She fell in love with him watching Top Gun like the rest of us 30-somethings.

But, I still contend that it must be love. Weirder things have happened. And I, for one, have decided to be happy for them.
posted by Phoenix | 9:41 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s