Friday, July 22, 2005
Mommy & Me
I've had morning sickness everday this week. Every. Damn. Day.

It is sort of hard to get excited about motherhood when you are forced to view your own stomach acid on a daily basis. And the viewing of it...not nearly has awful as the taste of it. Talk about something that'll put you off your feed.

For some strange reason, the taste of my toothpaste prompts the projectile arrival of said stomach acid. I can't seem to be sick without the toothpaste, and yet not brushing is not an option. Moreover, it means that sometime later, after a dose of baking soda to neutralize the acid, I am forced to rebrush. You don't want to keep tasting that, after all.

I suppose that I should be happy that I had that brief respite, and that I'm not getting sick in the afternoons anymore. Still, it is not easy to be sick all the time. I mean, it totally screws up my well-oiled and carefully planned morning routine. I can't apply makeup until after I've puked and cooled down, because puking makes my face turn red and sweaty. So then, I recleanse the face, moisturize, and then begin the other stuff.

It is kind of like trying to iceskate using alligators for skates. Yeesh.
posted by Phoenix | 9:24 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s