Monday, July 25, 2005
Mommy & Me
Week 16. I feel like I've been pregnant for an ice age. Here's what the experts have to say about this week:

If you haven't already, you may begin to feel movement as the baby's bones harden. If you are somewhat overweight, have a thick uterus, and/or if this is your first pregnancy, you may not be feeling baby yet or feeling baby regularly. Don't panic! You will soon. The legs are now longer than the arms, and s/he is moving those arms and legs frequently, especially since there's still lots of room to move within the uterus.

Fingernails and toenails are growing too. In fact, some babies need their nails clipped right after birth!

There is a pronounced hardening in my mid-section that must be baby-related. I'm still having the morning sickness, of course, and two days last week I was so exhausted that I had to make an early night of it. So wimpy. Prince Charming is eagerly looking forward to our next ultrasound. I think it is becoming more and more real for him.

And I don't mean to suggest that he is denying anything. It is different for him. I'm the one who must urinate 8,000 times/day. I'm the one that can't wait for a meal. He may see me puke on occasion, but he can't feel the baby. He didn't go to the first ultrasound appointment and he hasn't heard the baby's heartbeat. I'm still wearing my regular clothes, so it is harder for him to "know" the baby and for it to be "real" to him.

Me? I just want to know the baby's sex so we can decorate, start shopping, and settle on a name.
posted by Phoenix | 11:59 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s