Tuesday, August 16, 2005
At Long Last...
I can now report the sex of the baby!

We are having a little girl!

I'm very excited! So is Prince Charming, though he's currently trying to convince himself that his little girl will throw a perfect spiral and be interested in tractors. As a matter of fact, he's already gotten protective, issuing a warning to the little newborn baby boy in the neighborhood that his little girl is off limits, and that Prince Charming will be keeping an eye on him.

Her heart appears to be fine, at least as well as the Fetal Cardiologist could determine, given the limitations of the technology (we had a fetal echocardiogram this morning). We also had an anomaly ultrasound and everything there looks normal too. They measured her every possible way and estimated that she weighs 11 oz. at the moment.

Her heart rate was measured twice, once in the ultrasound and once during the echo, and came in at 154 and 153 bpm, respectively. The placenta and amniotic sac look good. And we have the full complement of parts: 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 hands, 2 feet, a sturdy little spine and rib cage, and a brain that shows early signs of brilliance (even if I do say so myself). She waved at us and we watched her move around for nearly an hour and a half! She’s pretty active.

I am hugely relieved. I can't even describe it! I was a bit worried that something might be wrong, but everything looked great! I guess I just have exceedingly cautious doctors.

Now, no more procrastinating! It is time to paint, shop, and prepare. No more waiting around twiddling our thumbs!
posted by Phoenix | 11:08 AM


>7 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, God love little girls!!

You know my preference, honey!!

I'm sooo excited!

; )

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going great. I'd recommend prince charming kneecap (when he grows them) the neighbor kid, just to set an example.

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats hunni, I shall think pink and pretty thoughts for you. Glad you are both well.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's always a relief to know everything is fine. I was always apprehensive b4 going in for scans.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger amelie said...

congrats, coz! i'm so happy for you!!

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You peeked?!?!?!? We didn't want to know whether ours were going to be boys or girls until the big day. It does make it easier to buy stuff in advance, I guess. Congrats to you and Prince Charming.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger WitNit said...

Just watched Kill Bill, Vol 2 again. The cutest little girl in movies.

Not that your life will be ANYTHING like hers. (Black Mamba, I mean.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s