Monday, August 01, 2005
Mommy & Me
Week 17

Here we are. Week 17. I'm feeling pregnant now. I'm still not showing, and the morning sickness is ever-present, but I have two new symptoms. First, I have developed a bit of clumsiness. I drop things, I walk into walls, it is crazy. Secondly, I have become a pussy. I am unwilling to do many of the things that I used to consider no problem. I have officially wimped out, fears for the baby driving my motives.

For the update, the experts have the following to say about this week of development:
This is a period of rapid growth as the fat begins to form underneath the baby's
skin. Baby and placenta are about equal in size now. The tiny heart is pumping
as much as 25 quarts of blood a day! The reflexes are probably in place now as
the baby sucks, swallows and blinks.

Very cool! And then, this charming information:

Your uterus is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches below your belly button. The baby is
going through a growth spurt and chances are, you may be gaining too! Average
weight gain is between five and ten pounds at this point.

Have you felt any fluttering in your uterus? You may be feeling your baby move any time now if you haven't already!


I don't think I've felt anything, but then, seeing as how I've never done this before, how would I know? I've had twinges, but no "fluttering" or "waves". I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, my doctor called me this morning and they are putting my on some thyroid medication. Apparently, the thyroid impact to the baby is normal, but my other number is still elevated. I'm not sure what all of this means, but the doctor spoke with an Endocrinologist and he recommended this course to prevent me from developing a condition after the baby. I feel like a human carnival ride! So now, I have to research the thyroid. I'm a little concerned about all of this because my little sister has a pretty serious thyroid condition. I'm afraid I may have hit the genetic whammy yet again.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:23 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s