Thursday, September 22, 2005
Called up from the Minors
I'm going to the big show!

Or something like it, anyway.

As some of you are undoubtedly aware, in the past I have frequently posted as a 'Divaesque Lady', a follower of the Demystifying Divas and the Men's Club. Sometimes, I had been invited to chime in on a particular topic.

The Divas, as you may or may not be aware, were Chrissy of Fiesty Repartee, Kathy of The Cake Eater Chronicles, Sadie of Fistful of Fortnights, and Silk of Just Breathe. The Men's Club includes Phin, The Wizard, Stigmata, and the Naked Villains.

What you may not know is that Christina bowed out of the blogosphere a bit, leaving an opening in the starting line up. And do you know who they called up? Do ya?

Me. Little ol' me! They've made me a full-fledged Diva! I swear, I was so excited when I got the call, I was unbearable. I think they may sometime soon regret this. People with enthusiasm can be such pains in the asses, afterall. I was deeply honored, I must say. I know that I shall never be able to replace the witicisms and bon mots of Miss Christina, but I shall endeavor not to let the Ladies and Gents down. Or, of course, you the reader. (By the way, you can catch Christina at Fistful of Fortnights. She is doing some team blogging there.)

So, my giddy self will be enlightening the masses on all things mysterious and womanly very soon. We will begin posting on September 29th, so keep watching this space. Additionally, it is my understanding that posting by the Divaesque and the Red Hat Divas and others may increase. All to the good, I say.

Me? I'm going to go try on my boa and my tiara so I can really feel my inner Diva. She'll have to come out a lot more often now. Man the torpedoes, boys. Here she comes!

Oh, and I do hereby promise not to vanquish the Naked Villains (a concern for some). I'll hold off on their vanquishing until they are fully clothed and actually deserve it. Phoenix doesn't vanquish her friends, after all, only the tried and true villains like Senators Harry Reid, John "Christmas in Cambodia" Kerry, et al.

Yippee! I'm a Diva! I just hope I don't turn out to be the b!tchy one!

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 8:23 AM


>1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's an honour and so fab to have you on board hun. You may be any kind of diva you bloomin well wish! Flaunt that tiara!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s