Tuesday, September 20, 2005
Case in Point
A while back, I posted a rebuttal of sorts to the notion of introducing Pleistocene Park to the Great Plains and Southwest. The particular animals nominated for introduction included cheetahs, lions, camels, and elephants.

In all fairness, the whole idea got me pretty riled up. You can read the original post here. Cox & Forkum posted a particularly humorous cartoon that backed up my concerns, which you can view here. A few days after my original post, I stumbled across a news item that also served as support for my argument. But now? Now I have another case in point:

Lions Kill 20
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - Lions disturbed by deforestation have killed 20 people
and devoured 750 of their domestic animals in Ethiopia, a local news agency
said on Tuesday.

The rare daylight attacks, all during August and in the remote south, have forced a thousand peasant farmers to flee their homes and sparked a hunt for the lions, local official Tadesse Gichore told Walta Information Service.

“The lions killed shepherds tending cattle and villagers after breaking into their houses,” Tadesse said of the attacks near his Soro district some 300 miles south of the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa.


Well. I hate to say I toldja so, but...I did.

h/t: MSNBC

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 12:41 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s