Thursday, September 01, 2005
General Malaise
Hi. I am not dead, I'm merely without inspiration.

The recent devastation of the Gulf Coast has me sort of moody. I mean, it is so sad. So many people have lost their homes and livlihoods. I feel for them all. But that isn't all that has me moody. Listening to the news, I get to hear Cindy Sheehan say that Katrina is all the fault of the President. If you listen to the UN, they delivered a backhanded compliment, offering up aid with the same breath that the doubted that the world's richest and most advanced nation would need any help. Then there are the German yahoos who feel we deserved it. Oh, yeah, and the general European feeling that the US is "overdrawn on sympathy."

You know what I say?

Fuck Cindy Sheehan and the horse she rode in on.
Fuck the Germans. We've defeated them twice, it won't take much to do it again.
Fuck the Europeans. We've bailed their asses out of the fire numerous times, but that certainly doesn't need to happen again.
Fuck the UN twice, just on principle.

I'm sorry to be so blunt and crass, but these people have PISSED ME OFF!

They are heartless, cold, and not worth the oxygen it takes to prolong their lives. Fuck 'em.

When Beslan happened, I cried.
When London had troubles, I cried twice.

This country gives and gives and gives until it doesn't just hurt, but it bleeds. When we take a hit, apparently we "deserve" it. Yeah? Fuck you too, assholes. This American Taxpayer is going to have some very strong words for her Congressmen. If I have to, I'll run for office. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of your holier-than-thou moral superiority.

Here's what you need to know about the United States of America:

We get knocked down, but we get up again. You ain't never gonna keep us down.



We only need each other. We are our own strength. The very best thing to have in times of emergency is an American citizen. And we've got lots of that.

If you want to give to relief efforts, numerous bloggers are compiling info. Kathy has a great link in this post. Me? I'm going to take a deep breath and travel to my happy place.

I apologize again for the language in this post. Some people just get under my skin and I have to rant to expel them. And, after all, this is my ranting place.
posted by Phoenix | 8:36 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s