Wednesday, November 30, 2005
I agree with Dennis Hastert
At least about this.

Political Correctness has gone way too far when you have to start referring to a Christmas Tree as a Holiday Tree.

Holiday Tree. Could that be a Maple in the front lawn that has a yellow ribbon tied round it on the Fourth of July? I think so. I also think that the way some people hang plastic eggs in their trees in the yard around Easter also qualify as "holiday trees."

If you don't like Christmas or Christmas Trees, guess what! You are not legally required to observe the holiday. I, for example, don't celebrate Arbor Day. However, I'm not running around suggesting that we put an end to Arbor Day celebrations or claiming that it is offensive, now am I? Why should I need to ruin your Arbor Day fun? I don't have that right.

Political Correctness has reached the point where it actually defeats multiculturalism. Multiculturalism celebrates all of the cultures, not just the ones that don't offend someone. If that were the case, we'd have to get rid of nearly every holiday, for fear of offending someone.

St. Patrick's Day? Gone.
Martin Luther King Day? Gone.
Valentine's Day? Clearly offensive to single women everywhere. Gone!

So my point is this: If I say "Merry Christmas" to you, know that I am not trying to enslave you to my outlook or preferences. I am merely wishing you joy of the season, without so many syllables. Get Over It.
posted by Phoenix | 9:35 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s