Sunday, January 01, 2006
Not Yet Back to Normal
No. Things haven't yet quite returned to normal.

I'm not even sure what normal really is anymore. Probably I will have to chart a new course for normal.

Being a new mommy is exhausting. Really. I sleep fitfully, listening very carefully for the slightest whimper from the bassinet. I am doing a very poor job of keeping house - don't even ask. I went to the grocery store Sunday by myself (sans baby) and it depressed me. I didn't want to leave her behind, but enjoyed the few hours of freedom. Enjoying the freedom made me feel guilty. It is a vicious cycle.

Songs on the radio make me cry, so the hormones are still a swingin'.

All in all, I'm beginning to doubt my own sanity.

More later.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 5:27 PM


>1 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger The Wizard said...

After kids there is no such thing as "Normal" This is your "New Normal"!

Congrats on the baby...I'm jealous...can you believe that! Sheesh, you'd think that I'd put images of new babies outta my head with 2 teen daughters in the house...Oh-well, Call me a glutton for punishment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s