Monday, January 02, 2006
Reflections
I have developed a new respect for mothers, now that I am one.

The work is unending, exhausting, and it is easy to get lost in things. I've caught myself thinking something, then wondering if I spoke it out loud or not. Crazy.

Seriously. Women who attempt parenthood on their own are Superwomen to me. My Prince has been fabulous, taking up the slack so that I can get some rest now and then. I don't think I could do it without him.

We had a great night last night. She slept in long jags, allowing me to get some good solid sleep in. I feel like a new woman!

Seriously, though, I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. It is such a huge responsibility, being responsible for someone so small, their entire life in your hands. It is awesome and humbling. And really, really, scary. Her every sniffle, snuffle, and sneeze weigh on my heart like a nuclear time bomb ticking down the last few seconds. Her frowns, adorable as they are, bring me great concern. Her smiles send me over the moon, of course, but soon enough she does something or makes some noise that scares me again.

I'm on tenterhooks, dangling over the precipice and in real danger of losing my grip and going over the edge.
posted by Phoenix | 2:02 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s