Wednesday, February 08, 2006
100 Things
This post was inspired by Mark at WitNit.

Here are 100 Things you didn't know about me:

1. I was born December 1st, 1973 in Elkhart, Kansas.
2. I had attended 9 schools before I got to high school.
3. I started kindergarten in the famous Dodge City, before we moved to Salina, KS.
4. My favorite picture of myself as a child is of my sister and I in Dodge City. The picture was in the newspaper. I was riding my kick-n-go and my sister was running along behind.
5. The Salina schools were over-crowded (too many kindergartners moving to 1st grade) when I went through, so I was always in a grade higher than normal. For example, I learned the 1st grade material in a 2nd grade classroom. This continued until I was a third grader. I believe to this day that this provoked my love of learning, my drive for excellence, and my over-achieving ways. It was so delicious learning to write in cursive a whole year early. (They couldn't help me from over-hearing the teacher's lessons to the other kids.)
6. My excellent math skills in Salina earned me a trip to the then-Brand New Showbiz Pizza Place with my teacher. Very cool.
7. I was largely unimpressed as a child with the educational system in South Carolina. I thought writing out the Pledge of Allegiance as a handwriting assignment was stupid. I thought the least the teacher could do was give us other texts to copy. I also thought the teacher was an idiot for not recognizing when I was blatantly plagiariazed, word for damn word, by another usually stupid student. You would have thought his sudden A-level work was a clue, but barring that, she could have noticed that she hung it up on the wall right next to my own piece that he had copied. Idiot!
8. I also went to schools in Lexington and Louisville, Kentucky.
9. It was at this time that I organized a strike.
10. It was also at this time that a war was started with the guy (adult) who cut the wire running between our play phones.
11. I was big into Barbie. My Barbie was CEO of her own company, a mother of three, and gorgeous, of course.
12. I had Barbie's RV.
13. When I was young I had a white satin Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders jacket with my name embroidered on it. I was soooo cooool.
14. I also had a Farrah Fawcett hairdo. Feathers. That was where it was at.
15. Do you remember parachute pants? I had a parachute skirt!
16. I don't like insects. You take 2 entomology classes, become familiar with all of the cockroaches in the world, and then judge.
17. However, 2 entomology classes means that I developed a real talent for drawing insects. I had to be able to identify them on practical exams, so I would draw them and study my sketches.
18. That didn't work the same for plant pathology.
19. It is difficult to draw bacteria oozing.
20. I had a different roommate each year of college, and two my junior and senior years.
21. My dad insisted that I take my car to college.
22. I parked my car at the Skulls house.
23. I lived in a sorority house for one year.
24. One of my sorority sisters accidently destroyed one of my projects. I was drying weeds for my weeds course AGRON 326, and somebody threw it out. I was incredibly angry. They had moved a note and several of my school books that were pressing down on the stack of newspapers and plant materials.
25. My hair is naturally curly.
26. I didn't start wearing glasses until I was 28-years-old.
27. I played the violin in the fourth grade. But I really sucked at it.
28. I modeled in the sixth grade. I was good at it, but I hated it.
29. I was the only member of my peewee cheerleading team that had any rhythm. They sucked.
30. I took one piano lesson. I lacked patience.
31. I took one baton twirling lesson. I finished the lesson my sister hated.
32. I wish Bucky Katt was my cat.
33. My sister and I have a HUGE collection of Archie Comics. I mean HUGE. It is under threat of eviction at the moment.
34. I used to fire my sister all the time when we played pretend office. I would then rehire her as someone else.
35. My husband is the friendliest person I know. It really irks me how he gets along with everyone.
36. My sister (spysistah) is good at almost everything.
37. She is better with a rifle than me, but I am better with a handgun.
38. 4 is my favorite number.
39. I think cowboys and soccer players are sexy.
40. I believe in magic.
41. I believe in love before sight.
42. I wrote to President Reagan in my childhood to protest the fact that I was required to pay income taxes but lacked representation in Congress. I couldn't legally vote, so it was taxation without representation.
43. He told me my parents were my representatives.
44. This did not satisfy me.
45. My husband and I live in a house that we built. Well, we had it built. We picked out everything inside and chose the plans and had them changed to suit us.
46. I have a state of the art kitchen. Can you say employee discount? My husband works for SubZero (which owns Wolf appliance).
47. I graduated college in four years - with High Honors.
48. I like a mimosa every now and then.
49. My favorite drink is Captain Morgan & Coke.
50. I am eligible for membership in the DAR.
51. I think that is cool.
52. I love diamonds.
53. On a daily basis I wear about 4.5 karats tw.
54. I am very loyal.
55. But you really don't want to cross me.
56. I graduated fifth in my high school class of 350.
57. I still talk to my high school French teacher. Mais oui.
58. I was a Peer Listener.
59. I was also on the Student Council for 4 years and got to have a entire hour for lunch each day.
60. I was also President of Beta Club, a member of the French Club and National Honor Society.
61. I graduated high school without ever doing any drugs or drinking any alcohol.
62. To this day I still have never done any recreational drugs.
63. I don't look kindly on recreational drug use. Just say no.
64. I love tights.
65. I do my own manicures.
66. I love to sing.
67. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.
68. I love it.
69. I love to travel.
70. I think chocolate and caramel were made for each other.
71. I love to bake.
72. My first name is also the name of a city.
73. But I was named for a person.
74. My daughter's first name is also a city.
75. She too was named after a person (not me).
76. I am a potterhead.
77. I love cherry pie.
78. I have arranged to have the blog skin redesigned.
79. I am a perfectionist.
80. But only about some things.
81. I started college on track to become a Chemical Engineer.
82. Then quickly changed my mind.
83. My sister is my best friend.
84. I think she is a spy. (You may have known this.)
85. I have lots of lists.
86. I also have a scoring system for my personal vendors. It is a lot like baseball. There are currently two vendors in serious danger of striking out.
87. I love balancing my checkbook. I delight in it actually.
88. I hate to buy gas. I hate gas stations.
89. I prefer to drink from a goblet rather than a glass.
90. I have a very specific way of folding laundry. Don't mess with my towels!
91. I believe I mentioned my OCD?
92. I don't own a purse that cost less than $60.00. Most of them cost more than $200.00.
93. However, I'm so picky about my purses that it is rare that I find one I like. Right now, for example, the styles are all way too 70's Disco and Gangsta Girlfriend for me. Eww.
94. I love cashmere and silk.
95. I like to wear both with denim.
96. And pearls.
97. My child is the center of my universe.
98. My third wedding anniversary is next week.
99. I was married on Valentine's Day.
100. I have a hard time forgiving myself for missteps, miscalculations, and rudeness.
posted by Phoenix | 11:58 AM


>1 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger WitNit said...

My my...we both attended school in Salina, KS. It's a small world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s