Thursday, February 23, 2006
They were right...
That's right. I can now admit it. They were right.

'Bout what?

I'll get to that.

Regular readers will know that I am a bit anal. I am detail-oriented to the point of near madness. I have lists. I have lists of lists. I have agendas, plans, methods, and procedures. I am a control freak. I am a type-A, first-class, detail detailing, planning and recording madwoman. Mine is the kind of personality that makes other people either run in fear or stand slack-jawed in awe.

Those people who know me well told me that motherhood would send me to the rubber room, and my children to 20 years of analysis.

They may be right.

I am going to have to start letting a few things slide if my sanity is going to be preserved. And, I don't want my children to despise me.

This is going to be a painful process, I just know it.
posted by Phoenix | 12:40 PM


>2 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been there myself. It's not so much of letting go of your ways, but altering them to more reasonable expectations. Don't look at it as a handicap either, because in the end, being list-driven, organized, and anal about things will benefit you as a parent!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger null said...

Oh dahling. I hear you LOUD and clear. We really should talk sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s