Thursday, February 23, 2006
Dating Perfection
This week's topic for the Demystifying Divas and the Men's Club is The Perfect Date.

I haven't done much formal dating in my life, queen of the long-distance relationship that I am. However, Prince Charming and I do manage to have a "date night" for just the two of us every now and then. If I were to have my heart's desire in this activity, what would it entail?

I've been up since 2 a.m., so I am tempted to say "10 hours of uninterrupted sleep," but that isn't really the intent behind the topic, so I'll have to actually put on my thinking cap.

... ... ... ...

Okay. Here it is: If you want to please me, take me out to supper to my favorite restaurant. Ply me with chocolate martinis until I am giddy and walking funny. Feed me a fabulous meal (but don't go all out, if I'm tipsy I won't eat it all anyway). Take me home and let's get into something more comfortable. cuddle with me on the couch under a blanket while we watch a movie. Let things take their natural progression. Stay in bed with me until noon the next day, then get up and make me breakfast.

Of course, the chances of this ever happening again are pretty slim. Diaper changes are not romantic. Neither are 2 a.m. feedings. As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure I want to drink until she's sleeping through the night. I don't think mommies should be tipsy when making bottles and feeding baby.

So, in light of this life change, I would settle for a nice meal that I don't have to prepare or clean up after, a movie at home, and then someone to rub my shoulders and kiss me. That would be enough.

After writing that I realized something: I'm so dull.

Oh well. For more stimulating responses see what the other buxom, luscious, and flirty girls have to say. For the male's perspective, see the thoughts of the Men's Club: Mark, Jamesyboy, and Jim. Nugget is weighing in on the topic too!
posted by Phoenix | 8:28 AM


>5 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not dull at all! You're a mom with a very little baby. Give it a few years. ;)

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger WitNit said...

You can always make it your husband's obligation to, every 6 months, arrange for a weekend away and without the baby...

Surprise you with romance! It's in his job description.

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most and I think what you're looking for is perfectly reasonable :o)

Listen to Witnit, the man is right!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger amelie said...

i like it

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

I'm not complaining! My prince does much to make my life nice and cozy. The romance thing is a two-way street, though, and I've been so tired....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s