Monday, March 20, 2006
Mondays
Urg.

It is a horrible day. I'm busy. The sky is grey. And, for all the hoopla surrounding the "today is the first day of Spring" crappola, Spring is noticeably absent.

I had a busy weekend. You know the type: they seem more like work than your real job. SpySistah visited (she is back in the US ever so briefly) and we had to do a whirlwind shopping expedition to outfit her for the next who-knows-how-long. Then there was my mom and other sister to add to the equation, and another shopping expedition. This one completely fruitless. Then there was the watching of Illinois choke on Saturday afternoon.

By the time we got home, everyone was so pooped that they all collapsed on the couches and promptly fell asleep. So much for spending time together.

Anyway, that left me to clean up on Sunday, do dishes and laundry, and remove trash. Now I'm exhausted. Still.

And, on top of all that, we had a busy morning and now I'm hungry and feeling worse than I did this morning. Do you ever just feel run down? Man, my tank is on E. I need some snuggle time and some nap time.

There is some good news though. My purse drought has ended. After searching for 2 years for a new purse, I have finally found one that is acceptable. As I have written in the recent past, most of the handbags out now are best described as "Gangster's Jersy Girlfriend Goes Glitz & Glam at Studio 54." Junk. The Phoenix? She no wear the crap.

What I finally found was a Dooney & Bourke black bag that is quite elegant. I know, D&B usually isn't me because they usually broadcast D&B all over their little selves. This one is so understated, you can't even see the D&B on it unless you are holding the bag. Much better. My shopping jones has been sated.

All that I don't even have to look like a "garbage man's" girl on the side. Lovely!
posted by Phoenix | 12:06 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s