Thursday, April 20, 2006
"Once a Cheater, Always a Cheater"
Today's topic for the Demystifying Divas and the Men's Club is...

Would you ever be able to get over a significant other cheating on you? Would you be able to stay with that person?

How to answer this one? I guess I should just be honest.

I've been cheated on. Cheated on and cheated on and cheated on. My first serious relationship was with a serial cheater. My second serious relationship was with a pathological liar - and he cheated too, though a case could be made that the long-distance aspect of our relationship didn't help. I even caught my stepfather cheating on my mother once, so I'm not sure that I can be open-minded about this. Please take these comments with that in mind.

I have, in the past, been able to get over being cheated on. The problem with this is, it always lead to more cheating. I can't really endorse this as the best course because of history. You just end up feeling badly about yourself and enduring more pain needlessly. The cheater should wear the scarlet letter, but somehow, in today's society, the cheat-ees tend to feel worse than the cheaters. I think that is wrong. I say, if you are cheated on, pick up your panties and move on. Leave that heartless bastard choking on your dust.

I could not stay in the face of infidelity again. I couldn't. I have come a long way and grown a lot since I was treated this way by a man. I won't let it happen again. Say what you want, but I won't be held hostage by someone else's notion of Christianity and forgiveness. I've been that idiot; I didn't enjoy the ride!

Please don't think that this is a case of "once bitten, twice shy". I've been "bitten" multiple times by that dog. And, I'm merely trying to tell you to be careful walking around his neighborhood. I am married to a wonderful man, a man who values and respects me, who I can be certain would never treat me in this way. But, if you are looking for advice, I say leave him flat. Like Rachel's mom said, "Once a cheater, always a cheater."

But that's just my take, you are certainly entitled to sign yourself up for doormat lessons if you want.

For more perspectives, check out what Silk, Theresa, Arielle, Mark, Jim, and Jamesyboy have to say.
posted by Phoenix | 12:52 AM


>3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didja lose a day somewhere in there? *goes to check calendar*

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said. I agree. No doormats.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey you should post him on here..

www.catchthecheater.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s