Monday, April 24, 2006
Signs I'm Going Insane
1) At the store on Saturday night, I giggled and said to my husband, "That guy has a banana in his pocket." Because, the guy really did have a banana in his front pant's pocket. It was sticking out, you could see it quite clearly. My husband dead panned, "Maybe he's happy to see people." (The guy was the greeter at Wal-Mart.) Who carries a banana in their front pocket?

It should be noted, however, that my husband did not laugh at this. Am I the only one that thinks this is funny?

2) I was at the drive-thru squawk box at Arby's for lunch. The disembodied voice asked, "Can I offer you a gyro today?'

But, I heard, "Can I offer you a Euro today?" and before I could think it through, I had responded with "Like a Eurodollar?"

Now we were both confused. My brain kicked back into gear and I said, "Oh, now I get it. No. I'd like the Martha's Vineyard Salad, please."

Then I apologized at the window saying that although I had left work, my brain was still there.

I find this funny as well. Gyro. Euro. You can see the slapstick, can you not?
posted by Phoenix | 12:52 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s