Monday, May 08, 2006
Trendy Causes
Do you know what I find reprehensible? Completely and absolutely loathsome?

The people who somehow make otherwise noble causes trendy.

As though by coming to the attention of George Clooney, all of a sudden the situation in Darfur is more worthy of notice. It disgusts me. Before it was cool to be outraged by Darfur, it was cool to be outraged by the incarceration and death sentence of Tookie Williams.

There are plenty of good causes out there, to be sure, but does Hollywood have to treat everything like pink legwarmers -- a fashion statement that they will soon rethink?

Blech!
posted by Phoenix | 2:26 PM


>1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger bobgirrl said...

I completely agree! And I had a little rant of my own as soon as I saw the Clooney story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s