Tuesday, May 30, 2006
The Weekend
As usual, I went media silent over the weekend and missed the birth of the Jolie-Pitt baby. If only I cared.

I am firmly in Camp Aniston as I can't bring myself to align myself with cheaters, homewreckers, or their bastard children (yeah, yeah, I'm sure she's a perfectly beautiful baby--as long as she doesn't look like her mom). So sue me, I'm in a cranky mood.

The baby is asleep for the moment and I have about 15 minutes before I have to start supper.

My weekend was short and dull.

It took me an hour to get home from work on Friday. This means, I should tell you, that even though the markets closed early and I should have gotten to leave early, I got trapped at work (totally the fault of someone who has to get their work done so that I can edit it). I usually get home at 4:30, but on Friday I didn't get home until 5:30. So, I was pissed off right away. The interstate was a parking lot, filled with the residents of the state of Illinois making their weekend trek to the lovely vistas of Wisconsin. Don't ask me why there is a mass exodus of Illinoians to Wisconsin every weekend, but there is. It makes driving hell. There was no way to get anywhere at that hour on Friday. Now, if I had been able to leave at 2 pm with everybody else....

Saturday featured a 2.5 hour car ride to North Andover, a more boring place I've never been, followed by a birthday party in a bar for an 88-year-old woman, which was not as exciting as one might think, followed by another 2.5 hour ride home. The big event of the birthday party? 45 minutes of posed picture extravaganza -- which I absolutely despise -- because these people do it every month at some event or another. The evening ended with a bowl of Mac-n-cheese.

Sunday, I went grocery shopping with my husband and child. Then I went to see The DaVinci Code with my little sister. It was much better than the critics would have you believe. Tom Hanks wasn't "wooden," nor did Bettany steal the show. It was good cinema. For once, it was worth the exoribitant cost of admission. The story did vary slightly from the book at the end. I don't know why. It wouldn't have cost them anything to be true to the story in that spot. They were certainly more than diligently faithful in the rest of the film. Perhaps I should reread the end of the book, but I'm pretty sure they made a critical change with the brother.

Anyway, it was good.

Sunday evening my husband smoked and grilled ribs and we had a feast. As usual, his skill was superb and the food was fabulous.

Monday, it was imperative that I finish a few household projects and do some cleaning. I didn't get everything done, but I don't feel terribly guilty. Once in a while you have to take some time off, ya know?

Anyway, I'm back at the keyboard again, busier than ever.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 5:38 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s