Monday, August 07, 2006
Adaptation
I am adapting, I suppose.

Why do I say this? Let me lay it out for you.

I have a new baby, as you are no doubt aware since I beat you over the head with it almost non-stop. This baby, while a joy and a treasure, is on a schedule. During the week this works very well. On the weekends, however, when I'd really like to sleep...she's still on that schedule.

So for me, "sleeping in" means not getting up until 6:30 a.m. Saturday morning, however, she was up at 5:30 a.m., hungry and wanting to play. So I fed her and played with her. At that hour, you should know, there is very little on tv. I turned it to FX where they were rerunning old King of the Hill episodes. I don't watch a lot of KOTH, but I have seen enough to know the character's names.

So imagine my surprise when I started understanding Boomhauer on Saturday.

Maybe listening to baby babble has tuned me in. I don't know.
posted by Phoenix | 11:08 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s