Friday, August 04, 2006
I didn't realize I was so special
Caution: Mini-Rant Ahead, Exercise Care When Wading Through the Froth

Do you know how special I am? Do you? I am absolutely amazing in a way that I am not exactly proud of, but seeing as how it is a very lonely category, I'll take it.

You see, I am the only woman in the office building who knows how to put a roll of toilet paper back on the spindle. Yahoo. Whoopee. The accolades just rush forth.

Seriously. Nobody else seems able to remove the old standard cardboard roll and put the new roll on. It is impossible! It is not that complicated. While it is not one of those standard home bathroom dispensers with the spring-loaded spindle, it is a very simple variation on the same theme.

I find it tragic that in the three years I've worked here, nobody else has been driven by the curiosity to figure it out. And, I stress again, that you wouldn't have to be all that curious. Bunny Boop could figure it out in less than five minutes, I am certain.

What happened to curiosity? Was it killed by celebrity tabloids? Do we know longer want to know how things work because we are too busy wondering what underwear Gwen Steffani prefers or how high Tom Cruise will jump in proclaiming his devotion to something or other?

It frustrates me. I don't want to be special for being the only woman who knows how to put the tp back on the spindle. That's not special! It doesn't require a key or any special tools -- unless you consider the opposable thumb a special tool.

I'm not having a training session either. Some people are too dumb to breathe!

So, there you go. I am that special. Don't you wish you were too?
posted by Phoenix | 10:47 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s