Monday, November 06, 2006
No. No, That's NOT Okay!
Prince Charming and I attempted to go out to eat at this new place here in Madison on Saturday night. I should point out that it is a chain steakhouse. There is one down in Janesville and we have eaten in one in Amarillo, TX. Our neice even works there.

So, we walk into this place at 6:45 pm and the hostess informs me that it is going to be a 95 to 105-minute wait. "Is that okay?"

No. No, That's NOT Okay!

I can't imagine why they were still letting people in the door if the wait was that long. At 6 freakin' 45! I mean, maybe if we were showing up at 7:45, but come on! Was there a run on the early bird special or something? Ridiculous.

And, let's discuss the terminology she used, shall we? Am I expected to be so dumb as to not notice the fact that 95 minutes is basically an hour and a half? Just how stupid do I look? It is pretty obvious that they quote the time this way so as to convince people to stay. Perhaps they think that people don't know that 105 minutes is one hour and forty-five minutes? Basic math may be beyond some people, but I'm not one of them.

Instead, we drove down the street and had a horrid meal at another place. My steak was tough and undercooked. It pissed me off.
posted by Phoenix | 9:42 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s