Monday, October 30, 2006
Phoenix Meme Time
It has been a long, long while since we've featured a meme here at Villains Vanquished, and I'm of a mind to do just that. I found this one at Chasing Vincenzo.

1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 - in the book closest to you right now, what does it say? Umm. I don't have the book with me, but I'm rereading The Baker's Boy by J.V. Jones. With any luck, the fourth paragraph of page 18 features some lovely discourse between Grift and Bodger.

2. If you stretch out your left arm as far as possible, what are you touching? Nothing. The peninsula on my desk is to the right, there is nothing on my left for 5 feet and my arms aren't that long.

3. What's the last program you watched on TV? It was an episode of NCIS on DVD that I fell asleep to last night.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is. I'm going to go with 2:35 pm.

5. Aside from the computer, what can you hear right now? Voice recording, clackety-clack of keyboards, clickety-click of mouse, printer, wind rustling the few remaining leaves on the trees outside.

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do? 30 minutes ago I went to get some lunch - a chicken salad sandwich - and I drove the entire way there and back with the windows down. It is a beautiful day.

7. What are you wearing? Coco by Chanel, Diamonds, my Illinois Baseball jersey, and...K-Swiss tennis shoes (among other things).

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about? Yes. I dreamt that I was engaged to marry my second husband - Prince Charming had been murdered. I was getting ready to marry Colin Firth - who had just dumped Kelly Ripa for me - but was having some difficulty adjusting to the idea of living in Beverly Hills. Colin decided to buy me a house in Tahoe instead. Before I was ready to move the kids, however, I went to Chicago Art Museum. Outside, in front of the big Lion statues, some sniper was taking shots at the crowd. I recognized the shooter - it was an ex-boyfriend and it freaked me out. I woke up to the sound of my baby crying. It was a nightmare! For some reason, I believed that I was the target and that it might have been connected to Prince Charming's murder. I told the Chicago PD to check the ballistics against the ongoing investigation at home.

9. When was the last time you laughed? Yesterday. It was a gigglefest with Bunny. For some reason, bouncing a ball is hysterically funny every single time it happens.

10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now? Cow pictures by Woody Jackson, big window through which greater downtown can be viewed, and sound-absorbent panels.

11. Have you seen anything strange lately? I saw some really weird baby poo this morning, but I doubt you want to read about that.

12. What do you think about this meme? Tastes Great, Less Filling!

13. What's the last film you saw? I watched Selena yesterday on VH-1. I have a baby. I haven't been to the theater in an ice age.

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money? Oh, this is a fun one. First, I'd pay off the house. Second, I'd buy some Kansas farmland. Third, I'd get started building the resort Prince Charming and I have discussed. Then, I'd quit my job and raise our children while I wrote novels from my home office.

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know. I used to have a crush on Ricky Shroeder. Which, in retrospect, goes a long way toward explaining my high school boyfriend.

16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt, what would it be? I would abolish ebonics. It is something that makes people sound ignorant and detracts from communication. People are judged, for better or worse, on how well they can communicate and this holds people back from their full potential. But then, I'd also get rid of text messaging and instant messaging because they are lazy modes of communication that can be misconstrued too easily, what with all the stupid abbreviations.

17. Do you like dancing? I love dancing - in my dressing gown and underwear, in the arms of my Prince, or even in a honky tonk.

18. George Bush? Let's see. I think the first one was a serious pussy who sold out the American gun owner. The second one is a much better leader, even if he is sometimes a bit too born again for my tastes.

19. What do you want your children's names to be, girl/boy? My daughter is named already. We have never been able to agree on a boy's name. I like Lawson, Prince Charming wants Harold. If we have another girl, her name will likely be Ainsley.

20. Would you ever consider living abroad? I've traveled enough to know that there's no place like home. So, in general, I'd have to refuse. The only country I'd consider living in would be Australia. But I'd still rather be here.

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven? "You did all that you could. We have a special library for you right over there."

22. Who should do this meme? The Stepstool.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 2:16 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s