Monday, June 25, 2007
Busy Bee
This weekend began a new era in our cozy little castle. As of today, Prince Charming is working normal human hours instead of the hours normally kept by vampires and all things nocturnal. It is going to be a big change for us, might even test our marriage. Why? Simply put, we are going to have a lot more time together.

Oh, it won't be much more time during the week, maybe another hour each day. But the weekends? Doubled or tripled. As a matter of fact, this past weekend gave us a taste of just that. For once, instead of the weekend feeling like it was 18 hours long, it seemed like a real weekend. It was lovely, if a bit weird.

Prince Charming is trying to transition his sleeping pattern over to normal, so he was doing his best to stay awake. For example, he go to bed like normal at 11 am on Friday. Instead, he stayed up all day puttering around the house. I arrived home and we had supper. Everything was cleaned up, baby bathed, and both baby and daddy asleep by 6:30 p.m. We lead an exciting life here in Wisconsin.

So, what's a girl to do with all of that free time?

I did the rest of the dishes and then jumped on the computer. I plugged and chugged away at one of those websites for 5 hours and then went to bed. Inconveniently, it was as I was walking up the stairs that the baby woke up. She was very unhappy. I spent another 2 hours up with her (she has a cold) before Prince Charming took pity on me and took her so that I could get some sleep.

Saturday was very nice and we left the widows open all day long. I went grocery shopping, of course, and then spent the rest of the day cleaning up the office. It was long overdue. Long, long, looooong overdue. But, at least now it is a more inviting environment and I won't mind staying in there when I'm working on those websites. Saturday evening was no different, with both baby and husband in bed by 8 pm, so I finished up the project in the office and then watched some NCIS on DVD.

And then, to top off the accomplishments, I baked two pies on Sunday: peach and apple. The pie crust is absolutely perfect this time, flaky and light. My apple pie filling still needs some work, however.

All in all, it was a great weekend. I'm going to start giving the rest of the house similar treatment, maybe stockpile a bunch of stuff for a garage sale or something.
posted by Phoenix | 10:19 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s