Monday, July 23, 2007
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows
I finished the book in record time - about 6 hours. I have much to say on the book, but I intend to hold off for a week so that I don't spoil it for anyone.

I do have a few general comments, however.

First, the book is far and away the darkest. Rowling had told us that there were two significant deaths in this book, but I count two in the first 100 pages. And, there are many more to follow. I know which two deaths she must have been referring to, but honestly, you could make a case that there were at least 6 imporant deaths. I'll also say that this is the first time I ever put the book down in disgust (twice) because I felt that all was lost. I am happy to say that I picked the book back up both times and was rewarded for doing so.

This final book wrapped up all the details neatly, though I still have a question or two. I am currently re-reading the book and will easily have finished it again to post more thoughts next week.

Let me just say one more thing: Anybody who still disputes the WWII metaphors is a complete nut. They are obvious and blatant.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:40 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s