Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Happy Halloween!
Hello my lovely ghosties and hob-goblins!

Today, as you all are certainly aware, is Halloween. I was struck this morning by the perfectness of the setting for such an occasion.

The air was crisp and cool, but not overly so, and smelled faintly of the decay of leaves and the subtle whiff of a fire wafted on the breeze. Errant leaves, their patina not evident in the dark of the near morning, skittered along over the grass, sidewalk, and pavement with a pleasing sound, as though thousands of man-eating spiders were quietly invading in the hours before light. The beams of the headlights of vehicles headed my way made perfectly vertical reflections in my own windshield, pointing to both heaven and hell.

Tonight, the beasties walk, my friends. Guard your loved ones well.
posted by Phoenix | 10:27 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s