Monday, August 18, 2008
Woof! Woof!
If you are a parent, you will understand what I mean when I say there are moments when you aren't sure if you should laugh or be very very worried.

I smacked into one such occurrence this weekend.

As I have mentioned recently, Bunny Boop is discovering imaginary play. She has also found a useful new toy in the leash someone gave her for Kitty. You'll be happy to know that Kitty has gotten a reprieve from being jerked all over the house.

Instead, it seems, my child now wears the leash.

That's right. Sunday morning I woke to the hysterically funny and alarming view of my child, with the leash loop around her upper arm and her father holding the lead. She was woof-ing it up, playing the part of puppy. I laughed at her joy in panting and licking and barking.

But, when my husband told me to "watch this" my laughter moved into that parental "oh no". My husband instructed the puppy to sit...and she sat. My husband intructed the puppy to roll over...and she rolled over. My husband instructed the puppy to lay down...and she did. Then, he pat her on the head and said "good puppy."

Woof! Woof!

Dear heaven, I am not going to bake dog biscuit shaped cookies!

Yes, it is funny, and I'm not super concerned because I think it is very important mentally. On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure where she's getting all of this because we don't have a dog. And, here's the thing, when we are around animals...she won't get near them. When the dog next door barks, she jumps into my arms and wants to be carried. So, I don't really get it, but whatever.

Not going to put the child psychologist on the speed dial yet.

Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:59 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s