Friday, March 13, 2009
Hypocrisy
Yes, this is another post about our Dear Leader.

I think my ire on this one is largely due to the fact that I was still red-hot under the collar yesterday about Obama's plan to make wounded vets pay for their own health care when I saw the Magical One on television talking about the economy.

I've looked and looked for a print article on his comments from yesterday's Business Roundtable, but I didn't find what I was looking for. Unfortunately, because some of us are actually working to make a living, I didn't then have time to search YouTube.

So, we're going to work from my memory. So sue me.

At yesterday's Business Roundtable, the conversation turned to the economy and our "Confidence Leader" made comments akin to the following:

He said that the economy would recover, but that we had to be "patient." He said that it was going to take "hard work" (a concept I doubt Obama is very familiar with, being a lawyer and politician and all) and that people were going to need to "save" more.

I call bullshit.

Obama is just talking a good game here. The fact of the matter is, those of us who have been following this sage plan for some time are getting screwed for it by Obama and his cronies in Congress.

I've been working since before I was 12 years old, but my serious wage earning started at that age. And, I've been paying taxes on those earnings when it met the minimum, too. Moreover, since becoming an adult, with a career, I have been saving a chunk of my salary in my 401K. I didn't benefit from a Harvard education, I went to a Big 10 school, so my starting salary wasn't on the same level as Mr. Obama's, but I did what I had been taught to do. I saved. I scrimped. I didn't spend beyond my means and then keep spending.

I could have done the big wedding hoo-hah, but instead, took the money that we would have spent and used it for a down payment on our house. When we built our house, we examined the options and decided only a fool would bet on the ARM. At the time, interest rates were at all-time lows, so we locked in a 30-year fixed on a house we could afford.

So, as far as I can tell, I've done everything right. At least, I thought I was. I was being patient and letting my investments grow quietly while I added to them on a regular basis. Yet, since this crisis began, I've lost a third. One full third of my retirement savings. Now, to be sure, Obama isn't responsible for all of this, but the Democrats of the Clinton era sure as heck are. The Bush Administration tried to put a stop to this, but Democrats the likes of Barney Frank and Chris Dodd put the kibosh on all of those efforts.

But the thing is, it is Obama's problem to solve. Bush inherited Terror, Obama inherits the housing and credit crisis.

When Obama tells me that what I need to do is the same thing I've been doing for years, but he rewards those who don't do the smart thing by bailing them out and making special deals for them on their mortgages, then he himself spends trillions of dollars on things that have a fart's chance in the wind of making things better, I call it hypocrisy.

Obama buys a fleet of golf carts and I pay the price.

I'm sick of it. Sick.Of.It. This President: Worst.President.Ever.

Full stop.
posted by Phoenix | 1:10 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s