Sunday, August 29, 2004
Back to Wisconsin
Well, we made it back home from our foray into the wilds of a social event with my family. A few things of note:

"Madge", the old sour-puss, was not present. Thank goodness.

My current stepfather spilled his drink all over the board game I spent 16 hours creating. I make up my own board games. Now you know. It really torqued me off. But I'm mostly over it now. Grumble.

Prince Charming has now seen the raw side of my family...and hasn't left me yet. It must be love. 'Cause those people scare ME.

All day Saturday was devoted to cooking. Once again my mother had planned waaaay too much food. She's famous for it. All efforts on my part to trim the menu fell on deaf ears. I wouldn't have cared so much if I hadn't been drafted for kitchen duty. The good news was that my guacamole and petit fours got rave reviews.

There are few things in the world better than room service and a late afternoon nap.

I would do anything to never have to see again a number of things that I witnessed this weekend. Stab out eyes! Stab out eyes!

In an incredibly distressing revelation I learned that my grandmother is endorsing "Josiah Bartlet" of The West Wing for President in 2004. Bloody irresponsible. Why she doesn't just vote for Scooby-doo is beyond me.

Yesterday I signed a petition. It seems some developer wants to build an apartment building at the end of my street. Now, I have nothing against apartment buildings, per se, having lived in a great many of them in 30 years. What I have against them is:

a. the negative impact on the value of our new home, the one we built a year ago
b. increased traffic in our very small town, leading to a busier commute for me to the office each morning
c. we moved 25-minutes out of Madison to avoid traffic, have a quiet little community/farming town
d. this little town doesn't have the industry to support that kind of development. They should build it in Madison!

small "a" argh.

Township meeting on Thursday. Must go be heard.

Got to see two of my favorite relatives this weekend. My cool aunt who lives in Kansas and my uncle who lives in Florida. They are young and fun. I also got to see my 16-year-old sister. I miss her now that she has her own wheels and is no longer hostage to mom's agenda. I see her far less. She's too cool to come see her old married sister. Which means I'm not cool. Oh well.

posted by Phoenix | 1:20 PM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s