Thursday, September 02, 2004
Grumble...Kobe...grumble, grumble
So Kobe won't be facing criminal charges. That sucks. I am sensitive to rape issues, having narrowly escaped my own. I know several women who have been victimized in this way. The little I've read of this girl's story rings bells way too close to home for me. What I've read of her story makes me believe that her story is true. So, just be warned that my comments assume that her story is true.

She was not given a fair shake in court. Rape Shield turned into more of a rape collander. They had more leaks than the titanic.

I feel for her, I do. Rape isn't fun and it isn't funny. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt because one part of her statement was critically and crucially like mine, and it isn't something that non-victims would think of to make up. I can tell you that it takes tremendous courage to prosecute. And it is a pain that takes years to heal. Her sex life before and after the attack are nobody's business but her own. Rape has a way of tricking you into believing you aren't worth anything...and some seek out "love" in other ways to get their validation thinking that this will make them feel better. It takes a long time to trust again, both yourself and a member of the rapist's sex.

I hope she can put this all behind her and begin to love herself. That's the first step back to any kind of normalcy. And it is only something you can do for yourself.

If Kobe did in fact force himself on this girl, unfortunately now, she won't be the last. Also, if the behavior continues, it will not likely be brought into the light because he has deep pockets and can buy his victim's silence. That is, unless he tries this with someone like me who has learned from her mistakes and will never ever ever let somebody get away with this again.

Of course, he could be innocent. I just don't think so. His behavior is consistent with that of the rapists I've known. Sorry, Kobe. It's only my opinion.
posted by Phoenix | 7:40 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s