Wednesday, December 01, 2004
Happy Birthday to Me!
Today is my birthday. I love my birthday. I love that today I have an excuse for everything. My co-workers got me a card and they brought in Krispy Kreme donuts.

I have a confession to make. Up until today I had never experienced the Krispy Kreme donut. I avoided them in the same way that I avoid pot holes on the highway. They have considerable hype and I didn't want to buy into all of that. Not to mention the fact that I've heard they are both addictive and highly fattening. This girl isn't stupid! I also walk very fast past Cinnabon when I'm at the mall.

But I had to try the Krispy Kreme donut to be polite. I now wish that I had opted for rudeness. Because everything you have heard is absolutely true. They are soft without being doughy. They are sweet without being icky. They are sticky but not in a lingering way. They taste like childhood dreams. They smell good. They taste good. And...the texture experience in your mouth is like biting into a cloud of pillow-y goodness.

Damn, Damn, DAMN!

Why the heck did I have to try one? Now, you know, I only want another! They call to me like the siren's song. Before long, they will begin to cajole me. Then, a little after that, they will resort to the mocking. "You are so stupid! One little donut is not going to kill you!" Then finally sickness will set in. "Come to meeee, my preciouuussss. Where's my preciousss?"

Yes, inanimate objects sometimes speak to me. The semi-good news is that I don't usually talk back. However, the ottoman that keeps jumping in front of me regularly gets cussed out.

Happy Birthday to Me! I will spend the next 15 years in therapy learning to kick an addiction...unless I can resist today.

Argh. Who knew a donut could be a villain?


Labels:

posted by Phoenix | 9:37 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s