Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Hey, Rich B!tch Beauty Queen: You Suck!
Last night on the Amazing Race we watched as the last four teams traveled from Jodhpur,India to Istanbul, Turkey. The teams have been whittled down to Uchenna & Joyce (the young married couple), Meredith & Gretchen (the older married couple), Rob & Amber (the engaged couple of Survivor fame), and Ron & Kelly (the POW and the Beauty Queen).

I usually enjoy this show. But last night, wowee, little miss Kelly really infuriated me.

She and Ron are traveling in some taxi en route to some task or other. He starts talking about how much of the world there is to see, that it puts him in mind of putting off starting a family of his own for the other things in life he wants to do. My guess is he was just filling the air time with some of that oohing and aahing over foreign vistas that is so commonplace and overdone on this show. But Kelly takes offense at his comments. The gist of what she said:
I'm done waiting for you! I deserve better! I'm not going to sit
around and wait for someone who says that everything in life is more important
than me. You've never been able to commit to anything in your life!

Whereupon he said, heavy in sarcasm:
Yeah. I've never committed to anything. I only was committed to
the military and made it my life.

And she replied, b!tchily:
You got out of that though, didn't you?

He said:
What do you mean?

She explained:
You were a POW and got out.

Phoenix blows a gasket.

He treats her to a smackdown:
You think I planned to get captured? I knew all along that they wouldn't
kill me?

He went on from there, but I don't remember it all and I feel it wasn't enough of a smackdown, so I'm gonna take the b!tch to task.

Hey, Rich B!tch Beauty Queen: You suck! You are toast! You must be the very definition of selfishness not to realize that this young man has been through hell, all in the service of this great nation. I realize that you had to learn a bunch of trite crappola for the interview phase of each pageant, but maybe if you had a heart you could have gone farther, but then, you would have actually had to feel what you were saying.

To even suggest that a member of our armed services lacks commitment because he exited service after being captured and rescued is morally bankrupt. Perhaps you would value him more had he died on the battlefield, in a crash, or been tortured to death. What you said was horrible and hurtful. You were merely throwing a temper tantrum over his lack of eagerness to make you a bride, I get that. But I gotta tell ya, based on what you said, I wouldn't be so eager either. I don't blame him a bit. As a matter of fact, I would have left you behind in the race so you could get over yourself.

You arrogant ignorant b!tch. You aren't worthy of him (or any other human).
posted by Phoenix | 9:03 AM


>0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poetry:


Popular Posts:


Fiction:

divas


mensclub


divaettes


fighting 101s